We offer high-quality pullets of the ISA Brown strain.
- You can pick up your ready-to-play pullets from us at different batches: 12 weeks of age, 14 weeks, or 16 weeks of age
- We offer an extra 1 hen per 100 hens ordered to cover for missing/mortalities.
- Kindly note that the 3-in-1 EDS vaccine is not administered to the 16 weeks old layers as customers prefer to supervise the vaccination themselves. Customers who wish to pre-order and supervise the vaccination of the birds with the 3-in-1 EDS vaccine.
- Kindly book ahead and make payment to secure your order. Delivery/wait duration is between 4 to 10 weeks after processed orders.
- We always inspect farms (quality control) and ensure only the best standard birds are dispatched, this informs the delivery dates informed.
- Our standards (birds are often starved before transport which may quite affect the weight upon arrival):
- 14 weeks (Average weight of 0.65 to 0.8kg | 70-80% flock uniformity)
- Our standards for 12 weeks: Average weight of 0.5 to 0.8kg | 70-80% flock uniformity
- Kindly note that birds might not have been debeaked before dispatch as some customers prefer supervising this themselves.
- Birds might not have been debeaked before dispatch as some customers prefer supervising this themselves.
Point of Lay is the phrase we use to describe pullets that are approaching the age when they will start laying eggs. How soon they start laying depends on their parent stock as well as the condition of brooding and rearing. Expected laying ranges between 18 to 22 weeks of age. Thus an early purchase enables the hens to adapt to farm conditions and management practices.
- The 12 week old Point of Lay hens has completed all the required vaccinations for their age (you will need to get a veterinarian to complete the remaining vaccinations).
- They are raised under very conducive conditions and properly managed to ensure they deliver well on your farm.
- Most professionals advise new farmers to start chicken egg production with point-of-lay hens. That’s why we have really worked hard to ensure you have peace of mind as a new or old poultry farmer.
- At point-of-lay (16 weeks of age), the hens have scaled through the most difficult parts of raising chickens, after being raised by experienced professionals.
- Depending on how well you manage the chickens on your farm, we expect our point-of-lay hens to cross 50% egg production within 2 to 3 months and reach over 80% egg production or more within 4 to 5 months of the collection from us.
- Kindly ‘Request a Quote’ above to get the current price from us and make your booking. Email: email@example.com